A series opener is scheduled for Thursday, with the Chicago White Sox (13-14) hosting the New York Yankees (21-8) at 8:10 p.m. ET.
The White Sox give Dylan Cease (3-1) the start and the Yankees turn to Luis Gil.
The White Sox beat the Guardians 4-1 in their last game on Thursday. Tim Anderson was 3-for-4 with a double and two RBI to lead them to the win.
The Yankees go into the matchup after a 5-3 win over the Blue Jays yesterday. Gleyber Torres led offensively in the win, going 2-on-4 with a home run and five RBI.
Check out all the detailed information about this MLB baseball game including date, time, TV channel and how to stream it live online for free. Watch this game live in the USA FuboTV (7-day free trial).
Watch Chicago White Sox vs. New York Yankees with fuboTV
- Gameday: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- playing time: 8:10 p.m. ET
- TV: NBC Sports Networks (regional restrictions may apply)
- Live broadcast: Watch online with fuboTV!
Who are the key players for the White Sox?
- Cease (3-1) will take the mound for the White Sox, his seventh start of the season.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.38 this season with 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.4 walks per nine in six games.
- Anderson leads the White Sox with a .333 batting average.
- Luis Robert hits .284 with three doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Jose Abreu hits .222 with five doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Gavin Sheets hits .217 with two doubles, three home runs and four walks.
Who are the Yankees’ key players?
- Gil makes his first start of the season for the Yankees.
- Aaron Judge has netted nine home runs as a team leader and has driven in 21 runs.
- Anthony Rizzo hits .214 with five doubles, six homers and 13 walks.
- DJ LeMahieu has a .284 batting average as the top team.
- Giancarlo Stanton has led the team with 21 runs.
The last 10 games for the White Sox
- In the last 10 games, Anderson has hit .368s with three doubles, a home run and a walk.
- Over the past 10 games, Chicago has averaged 2.4 extra base hits per contest while slugging .352.
- Chicago has totaled 38 runs in their last 10 games (3.8 per contest).
- Chicago has averaged 6.5 strikeouts and 5.2 at-bats per strikeout over their past 10 games.
- Over the last 10 games, Chicago pitchers have a collective 2.39 ERA.
The last 10 games for the Yankees
- Judge leads New York with four homers in last 10 games. He hits .278 with nine RBI over that span.
- In New York’s last 10 games, the team has batted .343 with 22 extra base hits.
- New York has scored 38 runs in their last 10 games.
- New York has averaged 7.7 strikeouts per game over the past 10 games.
- New York Pitching has a 2.12 ERA over the past 10 games.
Who is favored to win White Sox vs. Yankees?
- Favourite: White socks (-144)
- In total: 8th (Ö: -105 U: -115)
If you want to watch the game live from the United States, go to fuboTV (free 7-day trial stream).