Jojo Regina is an upcoming talented young actress who you will see soon enough. in the Where the crayfish singshe portrays young Kya by providing the swamp girl’s backstory of her relationship with her father and her pursuit of solitude in the swamp.
Unlike other recent roles in many films, Regina has plenty of screen time to prepare the story for the adult version of Kya Clark (played by Daisy Edgar-Jones).
Taylor John-Smith, Harris Dickinson, Michael Hyatt, Sterling Macer Jr. and David Strathairn also star. Olivia Newman directed the film, adapted from the screenplay by Luck Alibar and based on the bestselling novel by Delia Owens.
Here is the summary:
From the best-selling novel comes a captivating mystery, Where the crayfish sing tells the story of Kya, an abandoned girl raised to adulthood in the dangerous swamplands of North Carolina. For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” circulated in Barkley Cove, isolating the perceptive and resilient Kya from her community. Kya is attracted to two young city men and opens up to a new and amazing world, but when one of them is found dead, she is immediately placed as the prime suspect by the community. As the case develops, judgment as to what actually happened becomes ever more ambiguous, threatening to reveal many secrets lying in the swamp.
SEE ALSO: Dragons: The Nine Realms S3 | Aimee Garcia Interview
LRM Online’s Gig Patta spoke to young actress Jojo Regina about her role, the swampland, the set and her adventures.
Jojo Regina makes her feature film debut in Where the crayfish sing. Prior to this role, she worked in advertising for Walgreens, McDonald’s and a few short films.
Where the crayfish sing is available digitally today and on Blu-ray/DVD on September 13th.
Over 17 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes for the film.
Here are the bonus materials:
- adaptation of a phenomenon: Explore the journey of bringing the best-selling novel to life, narrated by the cast and filmmakers of Where the crayfish sing;
- Create the world: When a book is as popular as Where the crayfish sing, the details of the world are everything. Hear firsthand from the designers and artists who transferred these images to canvas;
- women in focus: From its captivating lead character, Kya, created by author Delia Owens, to the incredible team of women at the helm of the film adaptation, this play is a testament to the strength, determination, and resilience of women both on and off screen the scenes;
- 14 deleted and extended scenes: See more swamp, mystery and magic in this collection of deleted and extended scenes;
- Lyrical video: “Carolina” by Talor Swift.
Watch the exclusive interview with Jojo Regina below. Let us know what you think of the interview.
For interviews and updates, please contact Gig Patta at [email protected].
Source: Exclusive to LRM Online, Sony Pictures