SHEFFIELD UNITED host Nottingham Forest THIS SATURDAY in the first leg of their Championship play-off encounter at Bramall Lane.
Forest had confirmed their place in the play-offs ahead of their final day trip to Hull City.
But Keane Lewis-Potter’s 94th-minute penalty prevented the Reds from completing the championship campaign perfectly.
The Blades needed to match or better Middlesbrough’s result on the final day of the season.
And they did it in style, dismantling Championship winners Fulham 4-0.
When will Sheffield Utd vs Notts Forest kick off?
- Sheffield United host Nottingham Forest THIS SATURDAY – May 14th.
- The aim is probably to 3pm UK time.
- Bramall Lane, Sheffield is the assigned arena for the first leg, which can seat around 32,000 spectators.
- The last game between the teams ended in a 1-1 draw at the same venue.
What TV channel is Sheffield Utd vs Notts Forest on and can I stream it live?
- Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest will be broadcast live Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football.
- Coverage begins on the Sky Sports Main Event from 2.55pm UK time and 2.45pm on Sky Sports Football.
- Subscribers have the option to stream the game live via the Sky Sports website and Sky Go app.
Paul Heckingbottom will most likely be without talisman Billy Sharp, who is still recovering from a lengthy injury.
However, George Baldock returned to action against Fulham alongside Conor Hourihane and Morgan Gibbs-White
Elsewhere, Nottingham Forest head coach Steve Cooper admitted ahead of the Hull City encounter that he might not have some key players available for the first leg.
Cooper said, “Yatsey [Ryan Yates] has a strain in his shoulder that is sore.
“Cookie [Steve Cook] had some things including the big laceration on his head.
“Scot [McKenna] was ill. Jack [Colback] has a groin problem. Djed was really precautionary because he’s had a tight calf in the last couple of games.”
Only 90 minutes
- Sheffield Utd win 5/4
- Draw 2/1
- Notts Forest wins 5/2
Qualify (incl. ET and PEN)
- Sheffield Utd qualifies 21/20
- Notts Forest to qualify 8/11
*Odds provided by Betfair are correct at the time of publication